Dec 28, 2015

Review: The Deal by Elle Kennedy

Title: The Deal
Author: Elle Kennedy
Publication Date: 2.24.2015
Series: Off-Campus #1
Source:  Purchased ebook

Rating: 5 Stars

Summary (from Goodreads):
She’s about to make a deal with the college bad boy... 

Hannah Wells has finally found someone who turns her on. But while she might be confident in every other area of her life, she’s carting around a full set of baggage when it comes to sex and seduction. If she wants to get her crush’s attention, she’ll have to step out of her comfort zone and make him take notice…even if it means tutoring the annoying, childish, cocky captain of the hockey team in exchange for a pretend date. 

...and it’s going to be oh so good. 

All Garrett Graham has ever wanted is to play professional hockey after graduation, but his plummeting GPA is threatening everything he’s worked so hard for. If helping a sarcastic brunette make another guy jealous will help him secure his position on the team, he’s all for it. But when one unexpected kiss leads to the wildest sex of both their lives, it doesn’t take long for Garrett to realize that pretend isn’t going to cut it. Now he just has to convince Hannah that the man she wants looks a lot like him.

Review:
Sweet holy mother of all that is hot and sweet and awesomesauce – how did I live without this book?! I was pulled in by the recommendation of a good friend (Kim from Kimberly Faye Reads) and the fact that this book was only $.99. Hey, I like a deal. Plus, a few other friends had raved about this book, and Elle Kennedy absolutely blew me away with Claimed earlier this year, so why not?

I never, ever expected to find a new favorite book of all time. My experience reading THE DEAL was much like when I read Wait for You by J. Lynn – I was mesmerized and hooked and in love from the start with these enigmatic, charismatic and wholly relatable characters. Throw in some steamy times (and a book full of hot hockey players) and I was sold.

Hannah is a character you love from the beginning. She’s witty and smart but soft and earnest, and (in true NA fashion) a little bit broken. She hasn’t had the easiest life, but she’s working hard and determined to make it. Enter bad boy Garrett who rocks her world on its axis. The chemistry between these two is nothing less than gasoline and a bonfire. It’s explosive and so much fun to watch.

This is one of those books you just love. I want to read it all over again writing this review. THE DEAL is the gateway into the Off-Campus series (the other 2 I devoured within 2 days of reading THE DEAL). Trust me when I say that this is one series you cannot miss.


And did I mention it’s still available for less than $1? Get it NOW:  http://amzn.to/1YJtOSo

6 comments:

  1. Haha, this definitely sounds like a recommendation! I'll make sure to check this one out it really sounds interesting and your enthusiasm makes it even more appealing!

    - Jen from The Bookavid

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this around the blogosphere a few times. I may have to give it a go since It's on sale. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adored this book. My favorite part was the banter between Hannah and Garret. Don't get me wrong, I loved the sexy times. But the banter, my goodness, it had be cracking up! If you liked this one, give The Hook Up by Kristen Callihan a try (if you haven't already), and all the other books in this series and that one! Also, Tangled by Emma Chase has a similar vibe to this book, and it is HILARIOUS! Great review. So glad you liked this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh! Thanks for the recs! I haven't read any of those yet!

      Delete
  4. I've seen this book around GR, but the fact that you said it has a vibe similar to JLA's Wait For You has me sold! I adored that book and series and now I can't wait to read this book! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is the best NA I read last year for sure! I love the characters because they are dealing with their problems and the story is about their relationship much more than their past.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!