Apr 3, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (41)



"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly waiting to get into our hands.

This week I'm waiting on....

by: Amelia Kahaney

Summary:

A teenage girl is transformed into a reluctant superhero and must balance her old life with the dark secret of who she has become.

Prima ballerina Anthem Fleet is closely guarded by her parents in their penthouse apartment. But when she meets the handsome Gavin at a party on the wrong side of town, she is immediately drawn into his dangerous world. Then, in a tragic accident, Anthem falls to her death. She awakes in an underground lab, with a bionic heart ticking in her chest. As she navigates her new life, she uncovers the sinister truth behind those she trusted the most, and the chilling secret of her family lineage…and her duty to uphold it.

The Dark Knight meets Cinder in this gripping and cinematic story of heartbreak and revenge. From Alloy Entertainment, this inventive new superhero story is sure to captivate any reader.


Why I Want It:
I'm sorry - did you say The Dark Knight meets Cinder? Oh, sign me up NOW! Again, another story about a girl that's been genetically/surgically enhanced which are books I am crazy about. I can't wait for this. And that cover is to die for!

9 comments:

  1. This one is on Edelweiss! I haven't requested it yet because I'm still not sure, but it definitely looks interesting.

    Bekka
    Pretty Deadly Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this one the other day, it looks very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm....yes,please. I'm with you. Dark Knight meets Cinder? Sold! Thanks for sharing. Adding to my TBR right away :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a MUST HAVE HANNAH! As in I must have it right this minute. I think this is a fall release though isn't it? *shakes fist at fall* I need it to be an April release. APRIL! Maybe it will be at BEA?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds really tempting...love that cover!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is already on my TBR :) I hope we both enjoy it!

    Toni @ My Book Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this on in my TRB list as well, sound SO good! Great pick my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am with ya right there, Dark Knight meets Cinder! I LOVED Cinder! I had not heard of this book, but I just now added it to my TBR list :) The cover is pretty awesome as well!

    My WOW

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  9. Umm...I need this book. That is all.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!