Sep 4, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (7)


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
 
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun!

This week is...

Top 10 Fall TBR Books!
 
 
1. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
It's been awhile since I read a book by Maggie Steifvater, and this one looks incredbiel - magic and boarding schools are always a fun combo!
 
2. Falling Kindgoms by Morgan Rhodes
I am definitely looking forward to reading this sprawling, epic book. I looks fantastic.
 
3. Eve and Adam by Katherine Applegate & Michael Grant
Genetically engineering the perfect boy? What could go wrong with that plan?
 
4. Valkyrie Rising by Ingrid Paulson
I am always in favor of a book that blends mythology with the present day.
 
 
5. Crewel by Gennifer Albin
The idea of being able to weave time just seems fascinating. Plus, this novel has already gotten a rave review from a good friend of mine.
 
 
6. Blind Spot by Laura Ellen
I will admit that the original selling point for me here was the cover art. I mean - it's stunning! But the entire book is narrated from the POV of someone who is blind, which is something I haven't encountered yet.
 
7. What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang
This book reminds me a lot of Stephenie Meyer's The Host, which I absolutely adored. Two souls, one body ... Lots of drama.
 
8. Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout
It's Jennifer Armentrout, which means I shall read it and I shall love it.
 
9. Nerve by Jeanne Ryan
I'm not sure if this is classified as SciFi or not, but it seems exciting and original.
 
10. Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
One of my biggest BEA regrets is that I somehow missed this gem. A teenage zombie hunter? Sounds good to me!

5 comments:

  1. Great List. I'm really looking forward to The Raven Boys and Crewel. They sound fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! LOVE your blog name :) And your taste in books..The Raven Boys, Crewel , Cursed - can't wait for any of these :)
    Here's my TTT:
    http://booksmartie.blogspot.de/2012/09/top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really excited for a few of these titles!! esp. Alice in Zombieland!! Hopefully you get to all of them in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read The Raven Boys and it is great! I hope you like it too. I want to read Crewel and Eve and Adam.
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your list and I want to read The Raven Boys, Eve and Adam and Alice in Zombieland as well.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!